Ok, the year is fast coming to an end and I always ask, “Where did it go and how did the business perform?” Businesses are reviewing year end results, where did you revenue come from? What worked and what can you do to make more money next year?
Like myself I review our costs of doing business, everything from wages, material costs, advertising and general marketing activities. What were the costs and more importantly, what revenue was generated by each expense and activity? basically, what was the ROI?
Now lets back up a little and look from a higher level, to review what each of these revenue sources cost you on an annual basis? We commonly lose touch with the real revenue drivers, especially when we look at our annual sales and revenue, then look at monthly costs and expenses to generate those dollars.
What did you spend last year on short and long term signage? Was this part of your Marketing Budget? Basic signs can increase your revenue by 15%, with very common increases of 30% or mare when LED message centers are installed.
Based on a Signtronix Survey, How did customers find the business?
46% Business signs
38% Word of Mouth
7% Newspaper Ads
Part of your Marketing Plan needs to address signage. What about your location and how is your signage working? What can you do to increase your ability to get noticed and increase revenue?
1. Window Graphics – Add neon, LED or graphics to your windows.
2. Sidewalk Signs – “A” Frame signs can attract walking traffic.
3. Banners / Flags – Considered as Temporary Signage for special events or sales.
4. Vehicle Graphics – Add Graphics and park it near the street.
5. Wall Signs – Refocus from Identification to Advertising.
6. Lighted cabinets – Change up the graphics to include images.
7. Pylon or Monument Signs – Install one, Add lights or change the graphics if you have not in the past 3 years.
8 LED Message Center – Increase revenue and lease time as another revenue stream.
You don’t always have to more to a new location with more effective exposure. Visit http://www.pillarsigns.com for more ideas and contact us for a free site assessment.